In recent weeks the Scott County Board of Supervisors has been involved in the planning and preparation of multiple projects and initiatives to benefit Scott County. A few notable activities are highlighted:
• Scott County has completed its application to receive its allotment of State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds. The Board is currently reviewing how best to utilize the money to benefit Scott County within the categories of allowable expenditures.
• SCBOS is working with Trademark Consulting to prioritize infrastructure needs (roads and bridges) and prepare a request for funding to offset some of the costs associated with the upgrades.
• The County is currently preparing a Request for Proposals (RFP) to ensure competitive bids are received for the county’s solid waste collection contract.
• Roy Noble Lee, Jr. has been appointed as Scott County’s newest Youth Court Justice, succeeding J. Norman Brown who retired after 37 years of service.
• SCBOS has received the 2021 Recapitulation from the Tax Assessor’s office.
• Scott County is preparing FEMA reimbursement requests for expenses related to additional costs associated with measures taken to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• SCBOS is in the process of acquiring 5 new fire trucks for various volunteer fire departments throughout Scott County.
• The Board thanks all Scott County residents who participated in the 2020 Census.